1. The Copperhead, site of the PGA Tour’s Transitions Championship, is one of Florida’s best courses. Don’t ask me. Paul Azinger once said, “Copperhead is the best course we play on Tour.”
2. With its rolling hills and tall pines, the Copperhead is reminiscent of the Sandhills of North Carolina. If you’re tired of palm laden, flat-as-a-pancake Florida courses, play Copperhead near Tampa.
3. You can see all types of wildlife on the Copperhead, including fox squirrels, bald eagles, alligators and blue herons.
4. It has three other 18-hole courses. My favorite is the Island, which is peppered with water hazards and bunkers.
5. The Fox Squirrel walking course is a 9-hole, par 36, 1,236-yard layout ideal for kids and novices.