1. It has the largest golf course menu on earth with 12 layouts designed by a wide range of architects from Jack Nicklaus and Pete Dye to Nick Faldo and Annika Sorenstam.
2. It has more than 3,000 caddies-- an army of cheerful, polite young ladies, who make a round of golf joyful and fun.
3. The open-front concrete structures on the courses serve Chinese noodle soup and ice cold Tsingtao, my favorite Chinese beer.
4. The American-style, high quality maintenance standards at all of the courses provide a fantastic golf experience.
5. The 163-yard, par-3 signature hole on the Faldo course, which is reminiscent of the 17th at TPC Sawgrass is spectacular. Faldo’s version offers a tee shot from an elevated tee more than 100 feet above a tiny green.
(MissionHills Resort in southern China is situated less than a 30-minute drive from downtown Shenzhen and a 70-minute drive from Hong Kong.)