1. He’s Phil the Thrill. He’ll try unbelievable shots some players won’t even attempt in practice.
2. He’s this generation’s version of Greg Norman, a pedal-to-the-metal player who can crash and burn faster than a NASCAR driver.
3. He has the best short game in the universe. Put a 60-degree wedge in his hands and he’s a Mozart in golf shoes.
4. Whether you think it’s phony or manufactured, Mickelson looks like he enjoys the game and the fans that follow him. He’s the antithesis of a particular surly golfer named after a striped animal.
5. He’s the player to watch at the 2012 Masters. While Rory and Tiger will command most of the pre-tournament hype, Phil has been the best player in the Masters over the last five years. He won twice, had two thirds and averaged 70.40 per round.