I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and was impressed with the lodging, dining and golf offerings. Better still, the resort is going to improve as Donald Trump is embarking on an ambitious enhancement program this winter for the course and resort facilities.
10 Little Things I Like
1. The phenomenal view of the 18th hole and oceanfront from the dining room where I had breakfast.
2. The interesting golf photos and artwork in the hallways just off the lobby.
3. The fireplace in my roomy golf cottage unit.
4. The shuttle bus to the village of Doonbeg.
5. The fantastic onion rings I enjoyed at the golf grill restaurant after a round of golf.
6. My caddie Owen, who was informative and helpful to me, a disoriented, jet lagged golfer.
7. The inspiring sounds of crashing waves next to the 18th green.
8. The genealogy services offered to trace your Irish ancestry.
9. The farmland surrounding the resort that provides a soothing buffer from the rest of the world.
10. The professionalism and attentiveness of the golf staff.