Here are 10 of my favorite ones:
3. If you find a person’s ball out of bounds while looking for yours, don’t use it in that round. It may have a tendency to find out of bounds frequently.
4. Don’t yell “it’s in the hole” when you see your ball tracking towards the hole for a hole-in-one. Remember, the ball can hear you and it likes to do the opposite of your command.
5. Don’t stand with your shadow in someone else’s putting line. Shadows somehow make people miss putts. Yeah, sure.
6. Never say out loud, “I hope I don’t hit it in the water” because you inevitably will. That phrase creates some sort of magnet effect.
8. Always wear a lucky color shirt. They work. Just ask Jack Nicklaus-Yellow, Gary Player-Black, Tiger Woods-Red and Rickie Fowler-Orange.
9. You should always mark your ball consistently with either heads or tails on your coin. Don’t go back and forth.
10. Always take your hat off when shaking hands after a round. It’s not necessarily bad karma– you just want to be a gentleman and show sportsmanship and not come off as some sort of rube.
© 2019. The Golf Travel Guru. All rights reserved.