1. It has the largest golf course menu on earth with 12 layouts designed by a wide range of architects from Jack Nicklaus and Pete Dye to Nick Faldo and Annika Sorenstam.
2. It has more than 3,000 caddies– an army of cheerful, polite young ladies, who make a round of golf joyful and fun.
3. The open-front concrete structures on the courses serve Chinese noodle soup and ice cold Tsingtao, my favorite Chinese beer.
4. The American-style, high quality maintenance standards at all of the courses provide a fantastic golf experience.
5. The 163-yard, par-3 signature hole on the Faldo course, which is reminiscent of the 17th at TPC Sawgrass is spectacular. Faldo’s version offers a tee shot from an elevated tee more than 100 feet above a tiny green.
(MissionHills Resort in southern China is situated less than a 30-minute drive from downtown Shenzhen and a 70-minute drive from Hong Kong.)