1. With his “go for broke”, swashbuckling style, he almost singlehandedly is responsible for making golf on television watchable and successful.
2. His record of achievement includes the 1954 U.S. Amateur, four Masters, two British Opens, a U.S. Open, 62 PGA Tour victories and 10 Senior PGA Tour wins, including the PGA Seniors Championship and U.S. Senior Open.
3. He was instrumental in starting the Golf Channel, which has helped elevate the game globally.
4. He set the gold standard for class and how a modern day athlete should interact with fans and media.
5. He created the “Arnold Palmer”, that wonderful, refreshing libation of ice tea and lemonade mixed together.