1. His courses are often in spectacular settings such as Emerald Bay in the Bahamas (see picture), Doonbeg in Ireland and Westin Rio Mar River Course in Puerto Rico.
2. He uses little rough in his designs, which speeds up play and allows escapes after wayward tee shots.
3. Wide open fairways. He typically gives golfers large landing areas.
4. He encourages bump and run shots on most of his courses. by keeping the fronts of the greens open. Beware, though, Norman has a penchant for placing deep bunkers beside greens, which can be difficult to escape for high-handicappers.
5. The shaved collars around the greens give golfers a wide range of options. Oftentimes, you can putt, chip or pitch from over 60 feet. It makes for some exciting times the closer you get to the hole.