|Streamsong Black No. 7 (Photo by Larry Lambrecht)|
When golfers find out the Guru resides in Central Florida, one of the more frequent questions I get is about the much anticipated new Black Course at Streamsong Resort near Lakeland.
* The Black Course is slated to debut in Fall 2017. It’s currently in the grow-in mode.
* It’s designed by Gil Hanse, whose impressive resume includes the Olympic Golf Course in Rio de Janeiro, which received rave reviews, as well as Castle Stuart in Inverness, Scotland and The Vineyard Club in Edgartown on Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts.
|Streamsong Black No. 15 (Photo by Larry Lambrecht)|
* Upon completion of The Black, Streamsong Resort will be the only resort in the world with courses designed by Ben Crenshaw/Bill Coore, Tom Doak and Gil Hanse.
* Hanse was essentially given a blank canvas to design The Black. He got his pick of land spanning more than 800 acres and selected a 250-acre parcel dominated by a long sand ridge and natural elevation changes.
* The Black is set about a mile from the clubhouse that serves the Streamsong Red and Blue Courses and will be somewhat isolated on the southeast portion of the property.
* The Black is set on rolling terrain with abundant sand, native grasses and panoramas similar to those of Sand Belt courses in Australia.
|Streamsong Black No. 5 (Photo by Ben Hillard)|
* The Black Course will play to par 73.
* Tee time reservations for The Black became available this month (October, 2016) with packages available.
* Streamsong officials foresee The Black hosting large Amateur events.
* The resort plans to add a second practice facility, clubhouse and restaurant to serve guests playing Streamsong Black.
Streamsong Resort, situated 27 miles south of Lakeland between Orlando and Tampa, is a multi-amenity resort with championship golf, a 216-room lodge with a spa, infinity pool and casual and fine dining restaurants and activities like bass fishing, sporting clays, tennis and nature trails.